Thursday, April 16, 2009

Lingual (behind the teeth braces)?

can someone please tell me about the braces that are put in behind your teeth? my only options for my specific bite are the actually braces (metal and ceramic) and i think ceramic look wierd and stain easily. i want the metal ones, but is putting them behhind the teeth a good route? i am a sophomore in highschool.

Lingual (behind the teeth braces)?
Not every orthodontist does lingual braces. An orthodontist needs special training to do linguals. So, you should check and see if your orthodontist can do it for you.





If you want to know what it%26#039;s like to live with lingual braces, come over to our Metal Mouth Message Board and read our Lingual Braces forum.





If you wind up getting regular metal brackets, really it%26#039;s not so bad. Lots of students your age get them. It%26#039;s great that you%26#039;re getting them now. I never had braces when I was young and wound up getting them at age 41. Believe me, it%26#039;s much better to get them when you are young -- because after they come off, you%26#039;ll have beautiful teeth for the rest of your life.





Just remember: wear your retainer afterwards...not just for the first year, but for many years....or you will be back in braces again later!
Reply:Don%26#039;t do it- Your tongue can and will get cuts and sores from the metal constantly rubbing against it. I have ceramic braces and have had them for 8 months- I brush after every meal and they are not stained at all! Talk to your orthodontist about invisaline as well- you might be a candidate for that, if not, go with ceramic. I%26#039;ve had no problems whatsoever, I think they stain %26#039;cause people don%26#039;t brush good enough.



downloads

No comments:

Post a Comment