Thursday, April 16, 2009

Can you get braces on teeth that are cracked?

I%26#039;m 24 yrs old with an open bite and I need braces to correct it. I fell recently and cracked several of my teeth and now I%26#039;m not sure if I can get braces on the teeth that are cracked or if I will have to get crowns put on them to strengthen them for the braces. Please help!!!

Can you get braces on teeth that are cracked?
Yes you are going to have to get your cracked teeth fixed before you get braces, since your teeth are cracked they are extremely vulnerable to decay, putting braces on these cracked teeth will even heighten those chances of decay.





Plus if your teeth are cracked then the brackets will only move part of the your tooth.... better yet ... Ill save me explaining.. please just get the crowns first!!





Your orthodontist would be able to tell you whether or not, and why you would need to get the crowns before getting braces!
Reply:you should be able to..i dont see why it would be a problem



nanny agency

No comments:

Post a Comment